About Rotary Youth Exchange
Rotary's International Youth Exchange Programme is:
- To enable students to advance their education by studying for a year in an environment entirely different from their own
- To give students opportunities to broaden their outlook by learning to live with and meet people of different cultures, creeds, and colours
- To have students act as ambassadors for their own country by addressing Rotary Clubs, community organizations and youth groups in their host country
- To provide sufficient time to study and observe another country's culture so that upon returning home students can pass on the knowledge they have gained by addressing Rotary clubs
Rotary Youth Leadership Awards (RYLA) is Rotary's leadership training program for young people. RYLA participants can be ages 14-30, but most clubs and districts choose to focus on a narrower age range, such as 14-18 or 19-30.
RYLA emphasizes leadership, citizenship, and personal growth, and aims to:
- Demonstrate Rotary's respect and concern for youth
- Provide an effective training experience for selected youth and potential leaders
- Encourage leadership of youth by youth
- Recognize publicly young people who are rendering service to their communities
About Rotaract Club
Rotaract is an international organization for young men and women between the age group of 18-30 who believe they can make a difference. Rotaract club provide an opportunity to young adults to enhance the knowledge and skills that will assist them in personal development, the address the physical and social needs of their communities and to promote better relations between all people worldwide through a framework of friendship and service.